Cost overruns or lost potential savings due to poorly written contracts, contractor billing errors, and mismanagement of project changes are major risk factors to consider when managing construction projects. Our team of construction audit specialists are well-versed in the operational and financial aspects of construction management and assist owners and developers in avoiding overbillings and identifying cost savings.
DLA has performed audits of hundreds of development and redevelopment projects ranging in sizes from $2 million to $3 billion. DLA has also created the policies, procedures, and controls for many of the largest developers in the United States. Our unique methodology has been developed with on-site construction experience and is continually refined based on numerous client engagements and current trends.
- An evaluation of existing construction process controls
- The development or augmentation of policies and procedures
- A focused review of construction projects, which includes but is not limited to:
- Evaluation of the RFP process
- Review of bid documentation and bid-leveling
- Assurance that necessary protections/clauses are included in contracts
- Detailed review of payment applications, including general conditions and change orders
- Evaluation of the project’s close-out process
- Continuous monitoring of construction projects to ensure compliance with contracts