Kathleen Lauster, CFA
Managing Director - Capital Advisory & Restructuring Group Leader
Kathleen Lauster, CFA is a Managing Director at Fairfield Capital Advisors and heads the DLA Capital Advisory & Restructuring practice. She leads the Fairfield Capital Advisors team in providing expert financial support and advising companies and creditors with strategies to unlock capital and maximize recoveries in distressed, restructuring, and special situations. Fairfield Capital Advisors assists companies with their liability management, helps raise capital, and advises on the sale of their businesses. Additionally, Fairfield Capital Advisors unlocks liquidity for private equity sponsors, providing tailored liquidity solutions to limited partners in secondary transactions.
Kathleen has over 20 years of global financial services and commercial real estate experience, working for and advising firms in Europe and the U.S. with their capital raises, restructurings, asset management, and valuation. Kathleen has a deep understanding of the economic, operational and institutional aspects of credit, structured securities, and the derivatives markets, focused on fundamental valuation. Her clients have ranged from early stage ventures to Fortune 500 firms.
Prior to joining Fairfield Capital Advisors, Kathleen served as a Managing Director of Restructuring and Corporate Finance at Silver Leaf Partners, LLC., where she focused on Capital Advisory and Special Situations in the middle market space. Before that, Kathleen was a Senior Vice President within Houlihan Lokey’s Financial Restructuring and Real Estate Strategic Advisory Practice, where she advised U.S. and European creditors and debtors in both healthy capital raises along with illiquid, distressed, and restructuring scenarios. Her clients included the Icelandic Banks, Bank of Ireland, GGP, Capital Trust, Lehman Brothers, UBS, the National Asset Management Agency, and CIT Group, Inc.
Prior Work Experience
- Silver Leaf Partners, LLC
- Houlihan Lokey
- Church Tavern Advisors, LLC
- Deloitte Consulting
- First Chicago NBD Bank (now part of JP Morgan Chase)
Education, Certifications & Affiliations
- University of Michigan Ross School of Business – MBA with Distinction
- Michigan State University – BA Finance, BA International Relations
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Registered Securities Representative (SIE, Series 62, Series 63)
- Co-Leader, Dealmaker’s Outreach on behalf of the Association for Corporate Growth
- Member, Turnaround Management Association, American Bankruptcy Institute, International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation, and 100 Women in Finance
- “Kathleen Lauster is Registered Representative of BA Securities, LLC. Member FINRA SIPC.”
Phone: (646) 569-5564
Fax: (973) 575-1615