Our IT Services practice provides cross-functional and diverse industry experience, leveraging DLA’s accounting advisory, business advisory, optimization, risk management, forensic and financial advisory services. Our team helps companies improve operational performance, reduce business complexities, increase controls and optimize processes, resulting in more cost-effective, controlled and streamlined operations.
DLA draws on leading practices from multiple industries to find optimal and sustainable solutions to your challenges. Our capabilities include IT controls, and governance, IT change and project management and system/business requirements and selection services.
DLA’s multi-pronged approach incorporates a comprehensive program of cyber defense and response measures to deal with the wider array of cyber threats and risks. We include all relevant and domestic regulations into our process, including those from the National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST).
- Advise Companies on Regulatory Environment
- FFIEC Cybersecurity Regulations
- NYS DFS Cybersecurity Regulations
- GDPR Regulations
- Provide Guidance around:
- IT Governance & Strategy
- Emerging Technologies
- IT Compliance & Security
- Threat & Vulnerability Management
Cyber Security Controls Assessment
- Assess Companies’ Cybersecurity Controls Utilizing a Proprietary Controls Matrix Augmented with Leading Industry Trends, and Regulations based on NIST Framework
Design & Development
- Cybersecurity Program
- Cybersecurity Policies and Procedures
- Cybersecurity Program Matrix
Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning
Understanding risks and building a proportionate, effective business continuity plan (BCP) involves deep expertise.
- Analyze the types and likelihood of continuity risks, assessing potential impacts to the business and defining business and IT recovery objectives
- Identify the range of options available for meeting the goals and then determining the most suitable, cost-justified approach to take
- Create a fail-over environment and supporting relationships (including service level agreements) and emergency procedures
- Plan and conduct a simulated crisis that demonstrates the effectiveness of the Disaster Recovery (DR) facilities and the related processes and training
- Update the DR and BCP and re-test it periodically to assure its on-going ability to sustain the business in a time of crisis
IT Change and Project Management
Our IT Change and Project Management services ensure effective, timely and cost-effective IT implementation. We utilize our change management experience and our proprietary system development lifecycle methodology to bring about successful IT change.
- Evaluate IT Projects and Guiding System Requirements, Solution Design and Vendor Selection
- Utilize a highly adaptable set of guidelines that provide a management framework to:
- Clarify the process of IT change
- Facilitate communication
- Reduce risk
- Strengthen control
- Increase value
- Provide IT Project Implementation Management/Monitoring
- Guarantee the compliance of the implementation with SOX provisions
IT Controls & Governance
Our team utilizes DLA’s IT and controls experience to provide IT risk assessments, establish IT policies and procedures, and design an IT controls framework. These services can be performed as an assessment depending on the maturity and depth of the existing IT infrastructure.
- Assist in the design and implementation of IT organization, governance, and strategy
- Analyze existing IT organizational structures, assessing roles, responsibilities, capabilities, and work allocation
- Assess IT policies and procedures to ensure all critical areas of the IT organization are addressed and that they ensure adequate General Computer Controls and Computer Application Controls
- Develop IT policies and procedures
- Test controls to ensure proper design and execution
- Review and assess SSAE 18 SOC reports, control exceptions, and client control considerations
- Identify internal control requirements, monitoring control performance, and reporting on control compliance of IT change projects
System Requirements & Selection Services
Using our proprietary system development life cycle methodology, DLA aids our clients in choosing the right application and technology vendors. By gaining an understanding of your business requirements and existing processes, we will provide experienced advice in each of the critical phases of the system selection and implementation process.
- Project Planning and Management
- System Requirements
- Solution Strategy
- Software Selection
- Solution Design and Configuration
- Data Conversion
- Operational Procedures
- System Testing
- User Training
- Initiation of Go-Live