Scott Levy, CPA
Partner, New England Practice and Accounting Advisory Leader
Scott Levy is a Partner at DLA, LLC and serves as the New England Practice and Accounting Advisory Leader. Scott has more than 25 years of professional experience advising clients on business and accounting issues ranging from business planning and equity compensation to mergers and acquisitions. He has significant experience in SOX Compliance, SEC Reporting, SEC Filings and U.S. GAAP, with a focus on serving public and private companies in the technology, biotech, healthcare, distribution and manufacturing industries. Scott specializes in working with public companies and has taken numerous companies public, as well as assisted in raising money for public and private offerings.
Prior to joining DLA, Scott was the Northeast Regional Audit Practice Leader and New England Managing Partner for Grant Thornton LLP. His responsibilities were focused on business development, managing the business operations and delivering client service. In addition to his role as Audit Partner, Scott performed engagement and office quality control reviews and was significantly involved in resolving complex accounting matters. Scott also advised companies on structuring transactions and understanding the financial reporting requirements. Download Scott’s Biography.
Prior Work Experience
- Grant Thornton
- Sobel & Co.
- Ernst & Young
Education, Certifications & Achievements
- University of Phoenix – MBA
- State University of New York at Albany – B.S. in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (MA, NY, NJ)
- Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- 40 Under 40 – NY and NJ
- Boston Business Journal: ‘Who’s Who in Accounting’
- Quoted in various publications in New Jersey and Boston including NJ Biz and Boston Business Journal
- Serves and have served on numerous Not-for-Profit Boards including Citi Performing Arts Center, SBANE, Mass Society of CPA’s, Junior Achievement, Anti-Defamation League and Jewish National Fund